UPCOMING EXHIBITS & SPECIAL PROJECTS:
VIDEO ART RESIDENCY
Very excited to announce the lineup for our Video Art Residency summer series! July 19 - August 16 we are hosting 5 different artist/art collectives. Every Saturday this summer we will debut a digital/video work by a different artist. Sometimes the work is only meant to be viewed, sometimes it is interactive, some of the works combine video and performance art. Each artist will occupy the space for 1 week.
- July 19: Suné Woods - (room 1) Conversation (room 2) G-bombs & Thangs
- July 26: Chris Johnson, Hank Willis Thomas, Kamal Sinclair and Bayeté Ross Smith - Question Bridge: Black Males (a single channel installation)
- August 2: Numa Perrier - Florida Water
- August 9: No1 Arthouse Collective - VOYEUR
- August 16: KING
- August 30, 2014 - Solo exhibition of new works by Kenturah. All hand written, cursive drawings.
AFRICA ART & FASHION WEEK LA
- October 2 - 4, 2014 - We are collaborating again with Continent Creative as they do AFWLA. This will be their 3rd year presenting hot emerging designers from Africa.
DEREK FORDJOUR & SAMUEL LEVI JONES
- November 8, 2014 - Two person exhibition between the abstract artist Samuel Levi Jones and figurative painter/sculptor Derek Fordjour. This exhibit will feature new works from both artists who are also good friends and in conversation as they prepare for this show.